These days, selling a home is a little bit like selling a car – it’s the bells and whistles that count. In a post-recession world – where unemployment is still prevalent and the real estate market is still sluggish – it is important to make adjustments to your home if you want to make it more attractive to potential homebuyers. These days, making an investment in real estate is not like it used to be. Not only that, but more and more buyers are looking for more eco-friendly homes – homes that won’t have such an impact on the environment and atmosphere. Here are five improvements to increase your home’s selling price.
- Improve your curb appeal. Curb appeal is basically quantified by how attractive your home looks from the curb. A home’s curb appeal can really sell a home. So, it is important to give your home’s exterior a fresh coat of paint. You may want to choose a modern color – something that doesn’t scream too loudly – something that offers an understated charm that softly hints to the homebuyer, “Buy me.” If you have shutters or any other exterior accouterments, you want to clean and paint those too.
- Improve your front and back yard. Having fresh, live plants – plants that look green and vibrant in your backyard – is critical when you are selling your home. So, you may want to think about getting a landscaper on board. They have done studies that show that a home sells quicker and for a higher price if the front and back yard is in pristine condition. Homebuyers want to know that a home has been well taken care of. When it comes down to it, the front and backyard is an excellent marker of how well a house has been maintained.
- Improve your floors. These days, buyers don’t want to see old, brown carpets – they want to see beautiful parquet floors or Spanish tile. So, you may want to rip out that old carpet to see what is underneath. There may be a beautiful wood floor under your carpet that would look really great with a shine. If there is no wood floor, you may want to finish the floor with either faux or real wood. This will breathe brand new live into your home and it will increase the asking price.
- Improve your kitchen. Adding new appliances to your kitchen can vastly improve your kitchen and it will add value to your home. When it comes down to it, you want to purchase and install energy efficient appliances, but you also want to make sure that they are aesthetically pleasing. When you are looking for appliances, anything with stainless steel will instantly make your kitchen look new and modern. Also, whether people are looking for homes for sale in Knoxville or anywhere else, having a modern kitchen goes a long way.
- Improve your space. If you have to knock down a wall to make more room, you should because having more room in your home can increase the value of your home. So, be sure to hire a contractor and figure out the best way to widen your space. An open floor plan will instantly make your home look fresh and new. Knocking down walls and creating an open floor plan can improve your home’s curb appeal and value. Visit thekitchenstoreonline.com for more expert advice.